Sets,Logic and Maths for Computing (Undergraduate Topics in Computer Science)
pages 页数：418 pages
Publisher Finelybook 出版社：Springer; 3rd ed. 2020 edition (20 May 2020)
This easy-to-understand textbook introduces the mathematical language and problem-solving tools essential to anyone wishing to enter the world of computer and information sciences. Specifically designed for the student who is intimidated by:mathematics,the book offers a concise treatment in an engaging style.
The thoroughly revised third edition features a new chapter on relevance-sensitivity in logical reasoning and many additional explanations on points that students find puzzling,including the rationale for various shorthand ways of speaking and ‘abuses of language’ that are convenient but can give rise to misunderstandings. Solutions are now also provided for all exercises.
Topics and features:presents an intuitive approach,emphasizing how finite mathematics supplies a valuable language for thinking about computation; discusses sets and the mathematical objects built with them,such as relations and functions,as well as recursion and induction; introduces core topics of mathematics,including combinatorics and finite probability,along with the structures known as trees; examines propositional and quantificational logic,how to build complex proofs from simple ones,and how to ensure relevance in logic; addresses questions that students find puzzling but may have difficulty articulating,through entertaining conversations between Alice and the Mad Hatter; provides an extensive set of solved exercises throughout the text.
This clearly-written textbook offers invaluable guidance to students beginning an undergraduate degree in computer science. The coverage is also suitable for courses on formal methods offered to those studying mathematics,philosophy,linguistics,economics,and political science. Assuming only minimal mathematical background,it is ideal for both the classroom and independent study.
- Architecting and Building High-Speed SoCs: Design, develop, and debug complex FPGA-based systems-on-chip
- Hands-On Simulation Modeling with Python: Develop simulation models to help you get accurate results and enhance the decision-making process, 2nd Edition
- Salesforce Anti-Patterns: Create powerful Salesforce architectures by learning from common mistakes made on the platform
- Software Test Design: Write comprehensive test plans to uncover critical bugs in web, desktop, and mobile apps
- Algebraic Foundations for Applied Topology and Data Analysis
- Event-Driven Architecture in Golang: Building complex systems with asynchronicity and eventual consistency