iOS Unit Testing by Example: XCTest Tips and Techniques Using Swift
By 作者:Jon Reid
Release Finelybook 出版日期:July 2020
Publisher Finelybook 出版社:Pragmatic Bookshelf
pages 页数: 360
The Book Description robot was collected from Amazon and arranged by Finelybook
Fearlessly change the design of your iOS code with solid unit tests. Use Xcode’s built-in test framework XCTest and Swift to get rapid feedback on all your code – including legacy code. Learn the tricks and techniques of testing all iOS code, especially view controllers (UIViewControllers), which are critical to iOS apps. Learn to isolate and replace dependencies in legacy code written without tests. Practice safe refactoring that makes these tests possible, and watch all your changes get verified quickly and automatically. Make even the boldest code changes with complete confidence.
Manual code and UI testing get slower the deeper your navigation hierarchy goes. It can take several taps just to reach a particular screen, never mind the actual workflow tests. Automatic unit testing offers such rapid feedback that it can change the rules of development. Bring testing to iOS development, even for legacy code. Use XCTest to write unit tests in Swift for all your code.
iOS developers typically reserve unit tests for their model classes alone. But that approach skips most of the code common to iOS apps, especially with UIViewControllers. Learn how to unit test these view controllers to expand your unit testing possibilities. Since good unit tests form the bedrock for safe refactoring, you’re empowered to make bold changes. Learn how to avoid the most common mistakes Swift programmers make with the XCTest framework. Use code coverage to find holes in your test suites. Learn how to identify hard dependencies.
Reshape the design of your code quickly, with less risk and less fear.
- Essential Python for the Physicist by Giovanni Moruzzi
- Statistical Programming in SAS, 2nd Edition
- 97 Things Every SRE Should Know: Collective Wisdom from the Experts
- SOLID: The Software Design and Architecture Handbook
- Pro Cryptography and Cryptanalysis: Creating Advanced Algorithms with C# and .NET
- Applied Incident Response
- Practical Machine Learning with AWS: Process, Build, Deploy, and Productionize Your Models Using AWS
- Practical Splunk Search Processing Language: A Guide for Mastering SPL Commands for Maximum Efficiency and Outcome