FinOps : RoadMap to Cloud Efficiency: Mentoring Cloud and Finance Professionals to Drive Cloud Productivity (English Edition)
by Navin Sabharwal (Author), Piyush Pandey (Author), Amit Aggarwal (Author)
Publisher Finelybook 出版社：BPB Publications (October 21, 2022)
pages 页数：220 pages
Accelerate Business Value Realization and Drive Financial Accountability for Cloud Infrastructure
● In-depth knowledge of establishing and operating the FinOps model.
● A collection of use cases examining the adoption and benefits of FinOps.
● Includes Cloud cost optimization solutions such as waste elimination, appropriate sizing, and purchasing strategy.
FinOps is a novel cloud operating model that uses interdisciplinary teams to manage cloud expenditures in concert. With the help of the tools, best practices, and culture introduced in this book, businesses can analyze cloud expenses and make strategic decisions in a better way. The book's ultimate objective is to teach companies how to establish a reasonable cost, speed, and quality balance in the cloud.
The book begins with an overview of why FinOps exists, the problems it solves, the principles it is based on, and how it fits into the history of financial management. The subsequent chapters of this book explain the three stages—inform, optimize, and operate—and the best methods to use in each stage. The book then explains in depth, with examples, how to maximize efficiency while minimizing expenses for each of the three major public cloud providers: google, Amazon, and Microsoft.
The book also covers cost optimization techniques for the public cloud, FinOps operations management, cloud cost visibility, and forecasting.
What you will learn
● Highlights of the evolution and demand of FinOps by prominent organizations.
● Learn the ins and outs of the cloud billing system.
● Utilization of regression methods to extract insights from the FinOps data.
● Gain a thorough understanding of running all the FinOps processes.
● Investigate and test several ways to optimize your cloud spending.
● Learn about the various cloud benefits provided by Azure, AWS, and GCP.
Who this book is for
If you are a finance, DevOps, or IT professional looking to collaborate on decision-making and cost control in the overall cloud financial operations, this is the only knowledge book you need. In addition, multiple teams, including Procurement, Service Delivery, and Platform Engineering, can read this book to inspire curiosity and exploration.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to FinOps
2. Inform Phase of FinOps Lifecycle
3. Optimize Phase of FinOps Lifecycle
4. Cost Optimization Techniques for AWS
5. Cost Optimization Techniques for Azure
6. Cost Optimization Techniques for GCP
7. Leveraging Algorithms for Analyzing FinOps Data
8. Managing FinOps Operations