Data Management:a gentle introduction:Balancing Theory and Practice
by Bas van Gils and Van Haren Publishing
Publisher Finelybook 出版社：Van Haren Publishing (March 3, 2020)
pages 页数：306 pages
The overall objective of this book is to show that data management is an exciting and valuable capability that is worth time and effort. More specifically it aims to achieve the following goals:
1.To give a “gentle” introduction to the field of DM by explaining and illustrating its core concepts, based on a mix of theory, practical frameworks such as TOGAF, ArchiMate, and DMBOK, as well as results from real-world assignments.
2.To offer guidance on how to build an effective DM capability in an organization.This is illustrated by various use cases, linked to the previously mentioned theoretical exploration as well as the stories of practitioners in the field.
The primary target groups are:busy professionals who “are actively involved with managing data”. The book is also aimed at (Bachelor’s/ Master’s) students with an interest in data management. The book is industry-agnostic and should be applicable in different industries such as government, finance, telecommunications etc.
Typical roles for which this book is intended:data governance office/ council, data owners, data stewards, people involved with data governance (data governance board), enterprise architects, data architects, process managers, business analysts and IT analysts.
The book is divided into three main parts:theory, practice, and closing remarks. Furthermore, the chapters are as short and to the point as possible and also make a clear distinction between the main text and the examples. If the reader is already familiar with the topic of a chapter, he/she can easily skip it and move on to the next
- C Programming on Raspberry Pi: Develop innovative hardware-based projects in C
- Genetic Programming for Production Scheduling: An Evolutionary Learning Approach
- Understanding Distributed Systems:What every developer should know about large distributed applications
- Introduction to Deep Learning for Healthcare
- Deep Learning Applications, Volume 3 (Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, 1395)
- Bluetooth 5.0 Modem Design for IoT Devices