Cloud Native Transformation:Practical Patterns for Innovation
Authors:Pini Reznik – Jamie Dobson – Michelle Gienow
Release Finelybook 出版日期：2019-12-24
pages 页数：540 pages
In the past few years, going cloud native has been a big advantage for many companies. But it’s a tough technique to get right, especially for enterprises with critical legacy systems. This practical hands-on guide examines effective architecture, design, and cultural patterns to help you transform your organization into a cloud native enterprise—whether you’re moving from older architectures or creating new systems from scratch.
By following Wealth Grid, a fictional company, you’ll understand the challenges, dilemmas, and considerations that accompany a move to the cloud. Technical managers and architects will learn best practices for taking on a successful company-wide transformation.
Cloud migration consultants Pini Reznik, Jamie Dobson, and Michelle Gienow draw patterns from the growing community of expert practitioners and enterprises that have successfully built cloud native systems. You’ll learn what works and what doesn’t when adopting cloud native—including how this transition affects not just your technology but also your organizational structure and processes.
What cloud native means and why enterprises are so interested in it
Common barriers and pitfalls that have affected other companies (and how to avoid them)
Context-specific patterns for a successful cloud native transformation
How to implement a safe, evolutionary cloud native approach
How companies addressed root causes and misunderstandings that hindered their progress
Case studies from real-world companies that have succeeded with cloud native transformations
Prologue:Evolve or Else
1. What Is Cloud Native?
2. The Human Challenge of Cloud Native
1. Meet Our WealthGrid Team
3. What’s the Pattern? Architecture, Pattern Languages, and Design
4. Beyond Patterns:Behavior, Biases, and Managing Evolution
Il. First Attempt at Transformation-Cloud Native “Side Project”
5. Knowing Thyself:The Cloud Native Maturity Matrix Tool
ll. Second Attempt at Cloud Native
6. Tools for Understanding and Using Cloud Native Patterns
7. Patterns for Strategy and Risk Reduction
8. Patterns for Organization and Culture
9. Patterns for Development and Process
10. Patterns for Infrastructure and Cloud
11. Applying the Patterns:A Transformation Design Story, Part 1
12. Applying the Patterns:A Cloud Native Transformation Design, Part 2
13. Common Transformation Challenges
14. Building a Bank in a Year. Starling Bank Case Study
15. Welcome to the Jungle:Adidas Cloud Native Transformation Case Study
A. Library of Patterns(Thumbnail Reference Versions)