Cloud FinOps: Collaborative, Real-Time Cloud Financial Management
By 作者: J. R. Storment - Mike Fuller
ISBN-10 书号: 1492054623
ISBN-13 书号: 9781492054627
Edition 版本: 1
Release Finelybook 出版日期: 2019-12-31
pages 页数: (284 )
The Book Description robot was collected from Amazon and arranged by Finelybook
Despite many uncertainties in cloud computing, one truth is evident: costs will always tend to go up unless you’re actively engaged in the process. Whether you’re new to managing cloud spend or a seasoned pro, this book will clarify the often misunderstood workings of cloud billing fundamentals and provide expert strategies on creating a culture of cloud cost management in your organization.
Drawing on real-world examples of successes and failures of large-scale cloud spenders, this book outlines a road map for building a culture of FinOps in your organization. Beginning with the fundamental concepts required to understand cloud billing concepts, you’ll learn how to enable an efficient and effective FinOps machine.
Learn how the cloud works when it comes to financial management
Set up a FinOps team and build a framework for making spend efficiency a priority
Examine the anatomy of a cloud bill and learn how to manage it
Get operational recipes for maximizing cloud efficiency
Understand how to motivate engineering teams to take cost-saving actions
Explore the FinOps lifecycle: Inform, Optimize, and Operate
Learn the DNA of a highly functional cloud FinOps culture
1. Introducing FinOps
1. What Is FinOps?
2. Why FinOps?
3. Cultural Shift and the FinOps Team
4. The Language of FinOps and Cloud
5. Anatomy of the Cloud Bill
ll. Inform Phase
6. The FinOps Lifecycle
7. Where Are You?
8. Allocation: No Dollar Left Behind
9. Tags, Labels, and Accounts, Oh My!
Ill. Optimize Phase
10. Adjusting to Hit Goals
11. Using Less: Usage Optimization
12. Paying Less: Rate Optimization
13. Paying Less with Reserved Instances and Committed Use Discounts
14. RI and CUD Strategies
IⅣ. Operate Phase
15. Aligning Teams to Business Goals
16. Metric-Driven Cost Optimization
17. Automating Cost Management
18. FinOps for the Container World
19. Managing to Unit Economics: FinOps Nirvana
Afterword on What to Prioritize(from J.R.)