Unity 2018 Cookbook: Over 160 recipes to take your 2D and 3D game development to the next level, 3rd Edition
By 作者: Matt Smith
ISBN-10 书号: 1788471903
ISBN-13 书号: 9781788471909
Release Finelybook 出版日期: 2018-08-31
pages 页数: (794 )
Book Description to Finelybook sorting
With the help of the Unity 2018 Cookbook, you’ll discover how to make the most of the UI system and understand how to animate both 2D and 3D characters and game scene objects using Unity’s Mecanim animation toolsets.
Once you’ve got to grips with the basics, you will familiarize yourself with shaders and Shader Graphs, followed by understanding the animation features to enhance your skills in building fantastic games. In addition to this, you will discover AI and navigation techniques for nonplayer character control and later explore Unity 2018’s newly added features to improve your 2D and 3D game development skills. This book provides many Unity C# gameplay scripting techniques.
By the end of this book, you’ll have gained comprehensive knowledge in game development with Unity 2018.
1: DISPLAYING DATA WITH CORE UI ELEMENTS
2: RESPONDING TO USER EVENTS FOR INTERACTIVE UIS
3: INVENTORY UIS
4: PLAYING AND MANIPULATING SOUNDS
5: CREATING TEXTURES, MAPS, AND MATERIALS
6: SHADER GRAPHS AND VIDEO PLAYERS
7: USING CAMERAS
8: LIGHTS AND EFFECTS
9: 2D ANIMATION
10: 3D ANIMATION
11: WEBSERVER COMMUNICATION AND ONLINE VERSION-CONTROL
12: CONTROLLING AND CHOOSING POSITIONS
13: NAVIGATION MESHES AND AGENTS
14: DESIGN PATTERNS
15: EDITOR EXTENSIONS AND IMMEDIATE MODE GUI (IMGUI)
16: WORKING WITH EXTERNAL RESOURCE FILES AND DEVICES
17: WORKING WITH PLAIN TEXT, XML, AND JSON TEXT FILES
18: VIRTUAL REALITY AND EXTRA FEATURES
19: AUTOMATED TESTING
What You Will Learn
Get creative with Unity’s shaders and learn to build your own shaders with the new Shader Graph tool
Create a text and image character dialog with the free Fungus Unity plugin
Explore new features integrated into Unity 2018, including TextMesh Pro and ProBuilder
Master Unity audio, including ducking, reverbing, and matching pitch to animation speeds
Work with the new Cinemachine and timeline to intelligently control camera movements
Improve ambiance through the use of lights and effects, including reflection and light probes
Create stylish user interfaces with the UI system, including power bars and clock displays
Matt Smith is a computing academic at what will soon become the Technological University of Dublin, Ireland.
Matt started computer programming on a brand new ZX80 and submitted 2 games for his computing O-level exam. After nearly 10 years as a full-time student on a succession of scholarships, he gained several degrees in computing, including a PhD in computational musicology.
In 1985 Matt wrote the lyrics, and was in the band (and sang, sorry about that by the way) whose music appeared on the B-side of the audio cassette carrying the computer game Confuzion. Matt is a documentation author for the open source Fungus Unity project.
With his children he studies and teaches Taekwon-Do, and all three of them are beginning guitar lessons in 2018.
-      Smarter Homes: How Technology Will Change Your Home Life
-      Design and Analysis of Algorithms: A Contemporary Perspective
-      Unreal Engine 4.x Scripting with C++ Cookbook: Develop quality game components and solve scripting problems with the power of C++ and UE4, 2nd Edition
-      AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate All-in-One Exam Guide (Exam SAA-C01)
-      The Ray Tracer Challenge: A Test-Driven Guide to Your First 3D Renderer
-      Mastering Matplotlib 2.x: Effective Data Visualization techniques with Python
-      Generative Adversarial Networks Cookbook: Over 100 recipes to build generative models using Python, TensorFlow, and Keras
-      Unreal Engine Blueprints Visual Scripting Projects: Learn Blueprints Visual Scripting in UE4 by building three captivating 3D Games