Rust for C++ Programmers: Learn how to embed Rust in C/C++ with ease (English Edition)
by Mustafif Khan (Author)
Publisher Finelybook 出版社：BPB Publications (February 17, 2023)
pages 页数：456 pages
Get acquainted with the cutting-edge features in Rust
● Get familiar with the essential networking concepts in Rust.
● Explore and work with the basic and advanced features of Rust.
● Learn how to code and build your real-world applications using Rust.
Rust is one of the most loved programming languages among developers. It is rapidly being adopted as the industry moves towards memory-safety systems programming languages. If you want to switch from C/C++ to Rust, this book is for you.
“Rust for C++ Programmers” is the perfect guide to help you master the Rust programming language. Beginning with its evolution and comparison to C/C++, the book will help you learn how to install and use the powerful Cargo package manager. The book then covers key topics such as bindings and mutability, ownership, conditionals, loops, functions, structs and enums, and more. The book also explains how to handle errors in Rust. Furthermore, the book explores advanced topics such as smart pointers, concurrency, and even building a desktop application using GTK.
By the end of the book, you will be able to build powerful and resilient apps with Rust.
What you will learn
● Create concurrent programs in Rust using threads.
● Learn how to build a desktop app using GTK.
● Understand how and when (not) to use Unsafe Rust.
● Get familiar with the common error handling patterns in Rust.
● Learn how to build a Desktop app using Tauri.
Who this book is for
This book is for programmers who are familiar with C/C++ and are looking to add Rust to their toolbelt.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Rust
2. OOP in Structs and Enums
3. Error Handling
4. Project – Building a CLI App
5. Concurrency in Rust
6. Networking in Rust
7. Project – GTK App
8. Unsafe Rust and FFI
10. Project – StdLib for Mufi
11. Project – App in Tauri