Reflections on the Foundations of Mathematics: Univalent Foundations, Set Theory and General Thoughts (Synthese Library)
By 作者: Stefania Centrone
ISBN-10 书号: 3030156540
ISBN-13 书号: 9783030156541
Edition 版本: 1st ed. 2019
Release Finelybook 出版日期: 2019-11-12
pages 页数: (494 )
Book Description to Finelybook sorting
This edited work presents contemporary mathematical practice in the foundational mathematical theories, in particular set theory and the univalent foundations. It shares the work of significant scholars across the disciplines of mathematics, philosophy and computer science. Readers will discover systematic thought on criteria for a suitable foundation in mathematics and philosophical reflections around the mathematical perspectives.
The volume is divided into three sections, the first two of which focus on the two most prominent candidate theories for a foundation of mathematics. Readers may trace current research in set theory, which has widely been assumed to serve as a framework for foundational issues, as well as new material elaborating on the univalent foundations, considering an approach based on homotopy type theory (HoTT). The third section then builds on this and is centred on philosophical questions connected to the foundations of mathematics. Here, the authors contribute to discussions on foundational criteria with more general thoughts on the foundations of mathematics which are not connected to particular theories.
This book shares the work of some of the most important scholars in the fields of set theory (S. Friedman), non-classical logic (G. Priest) and the philosophy of mathematics (P. Maddy). The reader will become aware of the advantages of each theory and objections to it as a foundation, following the latest and best work across the disciplines and it is therefore a valuable read for anyone working on the foundations of mathematics or in the philosophy of mathematics.
未经允许不得转载：finelybook » Reflections on the Foundations of Mathematics: Univalent Foundations, Set Theory and General Thoughts
- Elements of Numerical Mathematical Economics with Excel: Static and Dynamic Optimization
- A Math-Based Writing System for Engineers: Sentence Algebra & Document Algorithms
- Probability and Statistics for Data Science: Math + R + Data
- Guide to Deep Learning Basics: Logical, Historical and Philosophical Perspectives
- Applied Deep Learning: A Case-Based Approach to Understanding Deep Neural Networks
- Advances in Domain Adaptation Theory
- Abstract Dynamic Programming, 2nd Edition
- Quantitative Trading with R: Understanding Mathematical and Computational Tools from a Quant’s Perspective