Practical NATS: From Beginner to Pro
By 作者: Waldemar Quevedo
ISBN-10 书号: 148423569X
ISBN-13 书号: 9781484235690
Edition 版本: 1st ed.
Release Finelybook 出版日期: 2018-07-12
Pages 页数: 260
The Book Description robot was collected from Amazon and arranged by Finelybook
Learn to use NATS and messaging as a solution for communication between services. The NATS project has been around since 2010, but it has become more popular in recent years due to how well it fits into the paradigm of cloud native applications and microservices architectures. It’s fast becoming a very attractive option thanks to its great performance characteristics–a single server can push millions of messages per second–and overall simple design.
First you will learn the fundamentals of NATS, such as its design, protocol and the styles of communications it enables, internals of the NATS clients, and how to use the basic API provided by all the official clients. You will also understand how to setup and configure NATS servers using the configuration file.
Next you’ll work with real-world projects and see how to develop a production-ready cloud native application using NATS as the control plane over which clients communicate. Finally you’ll learn advanced usage of the NATS clients, such as implementing heartbeats based failure detectors, tracing or collecting multiple responses from a single request.
Perhaps you are familiar with REST-style APIs, and want to make the transition into a messaging-based approach instead. Practical NATS is the perfect place to start.
What You’ll Learn
Use NATS to build applications which use it as the control plane for communication among components
Explore the fundamentals of NATS such as how the protocol works under the hood to more advanced communication styles which are possible with the basic building blocks provided by the client
Setup, operate, and configure NATS servers, as well as how to troubleshoot common failure scenarios
Who This Book Is For
Anyone looking for a solution for some of the problems which come along with microservices and cloud native application development, such as service discovery, low latency requests, load balancing, tracing and monitoring for example. Also adopters of NATS who need further help getting started using it. Ideally you should have some familiarity with Go as that is the language of the code examples
- Python Machine Learning Workbook for Beginners: 10 Machine Learning Projects Explained from Scratch
- MCA Microsoft Office Specialist (Office 365 and Office 2019) Study Guide: Excel Associate Exam MO-200
- Practical Process Automation: Orchestration and Integration in Microservices and Cloud Native Architectures
- Practical Deep Learning: A Python-Based Introduction
- MCA Microsoft Office Specialist (Office 365 and Office 2019) Study Guide: Word Associate Exam MO-100
- Improving the Quality of ABAP Code: Striving for Perfection
- Frontiers in Quantum Computing
- Data Governance: The Definitive Guide: People, Processes, and Tools to Operationalize Data Trustworthiness