Practical Free Alternatives to Commercial Software
by:Steve Oualline – Grace Oualline
Edition 版次：1st ed.
Release Finelybook 出版日期：2018-07-07
Get all the things done you’re used to doing with pricey software at a fraction of the cost. There are hundreds of free programs out there that work just as well as the commercial programs people pay hundreds of dollars for. This book tells you how to find and use the most popular and useful of these.
The Open Source movement is a system where programmers can share code and collectively improve programs. As a result they can produce programs that are just as good, if not better than their commercial alternatives. For example, LibreOffice comes with a database, Microsoft Office does not.
This book shows you where to get and how to use the best Open Source programs giving you not only access to high quality software, but saving you money as well. Add Practical Free Alternatives to Commercial Software to your library today.
What You’ll Learn
Use the free spreadsheet program Libreoffice-calc to balance your checkbook, do an expense account, and other tasks
Perform presentations with Libreoffice-impress instead of Powerpoint
Photo edit with The Gimp, a high powered image editor
Edit videos with Openshot
Create video DVDs with DVDStyler
Who This Book Is For
Home or small business PC users who want to save money on software
1.Web Browsing with Firefox
2.Graphics and Multimedia
- C Programming on Raspberry Pi: Develop innovative hardware-based projects in C
- Genetic Programming for Production Scheduling: An Evolutionary Learning Approach
- Understanding Distributed Systems:What every developer should know about large distributed applications
- Introduction to Deep Learning for Healthcare
- Deep Learning Applications, Volume 3 (Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, 1395)
- Bluetooth 5.0 Modem Design for IoT Devices