Microservices Development Cookbook: Design and build independently deployable, modular services
By 作者: Paul Osman
ISBN-10 书号: 1788479505
ISBN-13 书号: 9781788479509
Release Finelybook 出版日期: 2018-08-31
pages 页数: (260 )
Book Description to Finelybook sorting
Microservices have become a popular way to build distributed systems that power modern web and mobile apps. Deploying your application as a suite of independently deployable, modular, and scalable services has many benefits. In this book, you’ll learn to employ microservices in order to make your application more fault-tolerant and easier to scale and change.
Using an example-driven approach, Microservice Development Cookbook introduces you to the microservice architectural style. You’ll learn how to transition from a traditional monolithic application to a suite of small services that interact to provide smooth functionality to your client applications. You’ll also learn about the patterns used to organize services, so you can optimize request handling and processing and see how to handle service-to-service interactions. You’ll then move on to understanding how to secure microservices and add monitoring in order to debug problems. This book also covers fault-tolerance and reliability patterns that help you use microservices to isolate failures in your applications.
By the end of the book, you’ll be able to work with a team to break a large, monolithic codebase into independently deployable and scalable microservices. You’ll also study how to efficiently and effortlessly manage a microservice-based architecture.
1: BREAKING THE MONOLITH
2: EDGE SERVICES
3: INTER-SERVICE COMMUNICATION
4: CLIENT PATTERNS
5: RELIABILITY PATTERNS
7: MONITORING AND OBSERVABILITY
9: DEPLOYING MICROSERVICES
What You Will Learn
Learn how to design microservice-based systems
Create services that fail without impacting users
Monitor your services to perform debugging and create observable systems
Manage the security of your services
Create fast and reliable deployment pipelines
Manage multiple environments for your services
Simplify the local development of microservice-based systems
Paul Osman has been building external and internal platforms for over 10 years. From public APIs targeted at third parties to internal platform teams, he has helped build distributed systems that power large-scale consumer applications. He has managed teams of engineers to rapidly deliver service-based software systems with confidence.
Paul has published articles and given multiple conference talks on microservices and DevOps. He is a passionate advocate of open technology platforms and tools.
-      Smarter Homes: How Technology Will Change Your Home Life
-      Design and Analysis of Algorithms: A Contemporary Perspective
-      AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate All-in-One Exam Guide (Exam SAA-C01)
-      The Ray Tracer Challenge: A Test-Driven Guide to Your First 3D Renderer
-      Mastering Matplotlib 2.x: Effective Data Visualization techniques with Python
-      Unreal Engine Blueprints Visual Scripting Projects: Learn Blueprints Visual Scripting in UE4 by building three captivating 3D Games
-      Unreal Engine Virtual Reality Quick Start Guide: Design and Develop immersive virtual reality experiences with Unreal Engine 4
-      Refactoring Improving the Design of Existing Code, 2nd Edition