Fading and Shadowing in Wireless Systems
By 作者: P. Mohana Shankar
ISBN-10 书号: 3319531972
ISBN-13 书号: 9783319531977
Edition 版本: 2nd ed. 2017
Release Finelybook 出版日期: 2017-05-06
pages 页数: (817 )
Book Description to Finelybook sorting
This book offers a comprehensive overview of fading and shadowing in wireless channels.
A number of statistical models including simple, hybrid, compound and cascaded ones are presented along with a detailed discussion of diversity techniques employed to mitigate the effects of fading and shadowing. The effects of co-channel interference before and after the implementation of diversity are also analyzed. To facilitate easy understanding of the models and the analysis, the background on probability and random variables is presented with relevant derivations of densities of the sums, products, ratios as well as order statistics of random variables. The book also provides material on digital modems of interest in wireless systems.
The updated edition expands the background materials on probability by offering sections on Laplace and Mellin transforms, parameter estimation, statistical testing and receiver operating characteristics. Newer models for fading, shadowing and shadowed fading are included along with the analysis of diversity combining algorithms. In addition, this edition contains a new chapter on Cognitive Radio.
Based on the response from readers of the First Edition, detailed Matlab scripts used in the preparation of this edition are provided. Wherever necessary, Maple scripts used are also provided.
-      Cloud Computing Technologies for Green Enterprises
-      Mobile Biometrics (Security)
-      Integrating Serverless Architecture: Using Azure Functions, Cosmos DB, and SignalR Service
-      Smart Data State-of-the-Art Perspectives in Computing and Applications
-      eBay Business All-in-One For Dummies, 4th Edition
-      Hands-On Data Warehousing with Azure Data Factory
-      Linux All-In-One For Dummies, 6th Edition
-      Networking All-in-One For Dummies, 7th Edition