Action Research in Software Engineering: Theory and Applications
By 作者: Miroslaw Staron
ISBN-10 书号: 3030326098
ISBN-13 书号: 9783030326098
Edition 版本: 1st ed. 2020
Release Finelybook 出版日期: 2019-11-24
pages 页数: (220 )
Book Description to Finelybook sorting
This book addresses action research (AR), one of the main research methodologies used for academia-industry research collaborations. It elaborates on how to find the right research activities and how to distinguish them from non-significant ones. Further, it details how to glean lessons from the research results, no matter whether they are positive or negative. Lastly, it shows how companies can evolve and build talents while expanding their product portfolio.
The book’s structure is based on that of AR projects; it sequentially covers and discusses each phase of the project. Each chapter shares new insights into AR and provides the reader with a better understanding of how to apply it. In addition, each chapter includes a number of practical use cases or examples. Taken together, the chapters cover the entire software lifecycle: from problem diagnosis to project (or action) planning and execution, to documenting and disseminating results, including validity assessments for AR studies.
The goal of this book is to help everyone interested in industry-academia collaborations to conduct joint research. It is for students of software engineering who need to learn about how to set up an evaluation, how to run a project, and how to document the results. It is for all academics who aren’t afraid to step out of their comfort zone and enter industry. It is for industrial researchers who know that they want to do more than just develop software blindly. And finally, it is for stakeholders who want to learn how to manage industrial research projects and how to set up guidelines for their own role and expectations.
- Foundations of Computer Vision: Computational Geometry, Visual Image Structures and Object Shape Detection
- Writing Compilers and Interpreters: A Software Engineering Approach, 3rd Edition
- BPF Performance Tools: Linux System and Application Observability
- The Software Architect Elevator: Redefining the Architect's Role in the Digital Enterprise
- Handbook of Data Science Approaches for Biomedical Engineering
- Sets, Logic and Maths for Computing, 3rd Edition
- Solution Architect’s Handbook: Kick-start your solution architect career by::learning architecture design principles and strategies
- Deep Learning and Parallel Computing Environment for Bioengineering Systems