5G System Design: An End to End Perspective
By 作者: Wan Lei - Anthony C.K. Soong - Liu Jianghua - Wu Yong - Brian Classon - Weimin Xiao - David Mazzarese - Zhao Yang - Tony Saboorian
ISBN-10 书号: 3030222357
ISBN-13 书号: 9783030222352
Edition 版本: 1st ed. 2020
Release Finelybook 出版日期: 2019-09-10
pages 页数: (393 )
Book Description to Finelybook sorting
This book presents a detailed pedagogical description of the 5G commercial wireless communication system design, from an end to end perspective. It compares and contrasts NR with LTE, and gives a concise and highly accessible description of the key technologies in the 5G physical layer, radio access network layer protocols and procedures. This book also illustrates how the 5G core and EPC is integrated into the radio access network, how virtualization and edge computer fundamentally change the way users interact with the network, as well as 5G spectrum issues.
This book is structured into six chapters. The first chapter reviews the use cases, requirements, and standardization organization and activities for 5G. These are 5G requirements and not NR specifically, as technology that meets the requirements, may be submitted to the ITU as 5G technology. This includes a set of Radio Access Technologies (RATs), consisting of NR and LTE; with each RAT meeting different aspects of the requirements. The second chapter describes the air interface of NR and LTE side by side. The basic aspects of LTE that NR builds upon are first described, followed by sections on the NR specific technologies, such as carrier/channel, spectrum/duplexing (including SUL), LTE/NR co-existence and new physical layer technologies (including waveform, Polar/LDPC codes, MIMO, and URLLC/mMTC). In all cases the enhancements made relative to LTE are made apparent.
The third chapter contains descriptions of NR procedures (IAM/Beam Management/Power control/HARQ), protocols (CP/UP/mobility, including grant-free), and RAN architecture. The fourth chapter includes a detailed discussion related to end-to-end system architecture, and the 5G Core (5GC), network slicing, service continuity, relation to EPC, network virtualization, and edge computing. The fifth and major chapter describes the ITU submission and how NR and LTE meet the 5G requirements in significant detail, from the rapporteur responsible for leading the preparation and evaluation, as well as some field trial results.
Engineers, computer scientists and professionals with a passing knowledge of 4G LTE and a comprehensive understanding of the end to end 5G commercial wireless system will find this book to be a valuable asset. Advanced-level students and researchers studying and working in communication engineering, who want to gain an understanding of the 5G system (as well as methodologies to evaluate features and technologies intended to supplement 5G) will also find this book to be a valuable resource.
- Deep Belief Nets in C++ and CUDA C: Volume 1: Restricted Boltzmann Machines and Supervised Feedforward Networks
- Introduction to Networks Companion Guide (CCNAv7)
- Fullstack D3 and Data Visualization: Build beautiful data visualizations with D3
- Android Studio 3.6 Development Essentials – Java Edition: Developing Android 10 (Q) Apps Using Android Studio 3.6, java and Android Jetpack
- Hands-On Edge Analytics with Azure IoT: Design and develop IoT applications with edge analytical solutions including Azure IoT Edge
- Go Systems Programming: Master Linux and Unix system level programming with Go
- Introduction to Data Visualization & Storytelling: A Guide For The Data Scientist
- CCBA® and CBAP® Certifications Study Guide: Expert tips and practices in business analysis to pass the certification exams on the first attempt