Systems Benchmarking: For Scientists and Engineers
By 作者: Jóakim von Kistowski, Klaus-Dieter Lange, Samuel Kounev
pages 页数: 427 pages
Edition 版本: 1
Language 语言: English
Publisher Finelybook 出版社: Springer
Publication Date 出版日期: 2020-09-29
The Book Description robot was collected from Amazon and arranged by Finelybook
This book serves as both a textbook and handbook on the benchmarking of systems and components used as building blocks of modern information and communication technology applications. It provides theoretical and practical foundations as well as an in-depth exploration of modern benchmarks and benchmark development.
The book is divided into two parts: foundations and applications. The first part introduces the foundations of benchmarking as a discipline, covering the three fundamental elements of each benchmarking approach: metrics, workloads, and measurement methodology. The second part focuses on different application areas, presenting contributions in specific fields of benchmark development. These contributions address the unique challenges that arise in the conception and development of benchmarks for specific systems or subsystems, and demonstrate how the foundations and concepts in the first part of the book are being used in existing benchmarks. Further, the book presents a number of concrete applications and case studies based on input from leading benchmark developers from consortia such as the Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation (SPEC) and the Transaction Processing Performance Council (TPC).
Providing both practical and theoretical foundations, as well as a detailed discussion of modern benchmarks and their development, the book is intended as a handbook for professionals and researchers working in areas related to benchmarking. It offers an up-to-date point of reference for existing work as well as latest results, research challenges, and future research directions. It also can be used as a textbook for graduate and postgraduate students studying any of the many subjects related to benchmarking. While readers are assumed to be familiar with the principles and practices of computer science, as well as software and systems engineering, no specific expertise in any subfield of these disciplines is required.
- Become ITIL® 4 Foundation Certified in 7 Days: Understand and Prepare for the ITIL Foundation Exam with Real-life Examples, 2nd Edition
- SAS Graphics for Clinical Trials by: Example
- SQL Cookbook: Query Solutions and Techniques for All SQL Users, 2nd Edition
- Pro .NET 5 Custom Libraries: Implementing Custom .NET Data Types
- Traefik API Gateway for Microservices: With Java and Python Microservices Deployed in Kubernetes
- Machine Learning for Economics and Finance in TensorFlow 2: Deep Learning Models for Research and Industry
- CASP+ CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, 2nd Edition (Exam CAS-003)
- C++20 in Examples