Ransomware Revolution: The Rise of a Prodigious Cyber Threat (Advances in Information Security Book 85)
by Matthew Ryan
Publisher Finelybook 出版社 : Springer; 1st ed. 2021 edition (February 25, 2021)
Language 语言: English
pages 页数: 171 pages
ISBN-10 书号: 3030665828
ISBN-13 书号 : 9783030665821
The Book Description robot was collected from Amazon and arranged by Finelybook
This book explores the genesis of ransomware and how the parallel emergence of encryption technologies has elevated ransomware to become the most prodigious cyber threat that enterprises are confronting. It also investigates the driving forces behind what has been dubbed the ‘ransomware revolution’ after a series of major attacks beginning in 2013, and how the advent of cryptocurrencies provided the catalyst for the development and increased profitability of ransomware, sparking a phenomenal rise in the number and complexity of ransomware attacks.
This book analyzes why the speed of technology adoption has been a fundamental factor in the continued success of financially motivated cybercrime, and how the ease of public access to advanced encryption techniques has allowed malicious actors to continue to operate with increased anonymity across the internet. This anonymity has enabled increased collaboration between attackers, which has aided the development of new ransomware attacks, and led to an increasing level of technical complexity in ransomware attacks. This book highlights that the continuous expansion and early adoption of emerging technologies may be beyond the capacity of conventional risk managers and risk management frameworks.
Researchers and advanced level students studying or working in computer science, business or criminology will find this book useful as a reference or secondary text. Professionals working in cybersecurity, cryptography, information technology, financial crime (and other related topics) will also welcome this book as a reference.
- Python Machine Learning Workbook for Beginners: 10 Machine Learning Projects Explained from Scratch
- MCA Microsoft Office Specialist (Office 365 and Office 2019) Study Guide: Excel Associate Exam MO-200
- Practical Process Automation: Orchestration and Integration in Microservices and Cloud Native Architectures
- Practical Deep Learning: A Python-Based Introduction
- MCA Microsoft Office Specialist (Office 365 and Office 2019) Study Guide: Word Associate Exam MO-100
- Improving the Quality of ABAP Code: Striving for Perfection
- Frontiers in Quantum Computing
- Data Governance: The Definitive Guide: People, Processes, and Tools to Operationalize Data Trustworthiness