Fundamentals of Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning
By 作者: Ulisses Braga-Neto
Pub Date: 2020
Pages 页数: 375
Language 语言: English
Size: 10 Mb
The Book Description robot was collected from Amazon and arranged by Finelybook
Fundamentals of Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning is designed for a one or two-semester introductory course in Pattern Recognition or Machine Learning at the graduate or advanced undergraduate level. The book combines theory and practice and is suitable to the classroom and self-study. It has grown out of lecture notes and assignments that the author has developed while teaching classes on this topic for the past 13 years at Texas A&M University.
The book is intended to be concise but thorough. It does not attempt an encyclopedic approach, but covers in significant detail the tools commonly used in pattern recognition and machine learning, including classification, dimensionality reduction, regression, and clustering, as well as recent popular topics such as Gaussian process regression and convolutional neural networks. In addition, the selection of topics has a few features that are unique among comparable texts: it contains an extensive chapter on classifier error estimation, as well as sections on Bayesian classification, Bayesian error estimation, separate sampling, and rank-based classification.
The book is mathematically rigorous and covers the classical theorems in the area. Nevertheless, an effort is made in the book to strike a balance between theory and practice. In particular, examples with datasets from applications in bioinformatics and materials informatics are used throughout to illustrate the theory. These datasets are available from the book website to be used in end-of-chapter coding assignments based on python and scikit-learn. All plots in the text were generated using python scripts, which are also available on the book website.
- 31 Days Before Your CCNA Security Exam: A Day-By-Day Review Guide for the IINS 210-260 Certification Exam
- AI and Machine Learning for Coders: A Programmer’s Guide to Artificial Intelligence
- A Common-Sense Guide to Data Structures and Algorithms: Level Up Your Core Programming Skills, 2nd Edition
- Cluster Analysis and Data Mining: An Introduction
- Vue.js 3 Cookbook: Practical recipes to help you build modern frontend web apps with the latest Vue.js and TypeScript
- NGINX Unit Cookbook: Recipes for Using a Versatile Open Source Server
- Classic Computer Science Problems in Python
- 31 Days Before your CCNA Exam: A Day-By-Day Review Guide for the CCNA 200-301 Certification Exam