A Machine Learning Based Model of Boko Haram (Terrorism, Security, and Computation) 1st ed. 2021 Edition
By 作者:V. S. Subrahmanian (Author), Chiara Pulice (Author), James F. Brown (Author), Jacob Bonen-Clark (Author), Geert Kuiper (Foreword)
Publisher Finelybook 出版社 : Springer; 1st ed. 2021 edition (December 12, 2020)
Language : English
pages 页数: 147 pages
ISBN-10 : 3030606139
ISBN-13 : 9783030606138
The Book Description robot was collected from Amazon and arranged by Finelybook
This is the first study of Boko Haram that brings advanced data-driven, machine learning models to both learn models capable of predicting a wide range of attacks carried out By 作者:Boko Haram, as well as develop data-driven policies to shape Boko Haram’s behavior and reduce attacks By 作者:them. This book also identifies conditions that predict sexual violence, suicide bombings and attempted bombings, abduction, arson, looting, and targeting of government officials and security installations.
After reducing Boko Haram’s history to a spreadsheet containing monthly information about different types of attacks and different circumstances prevailing over a 9 year period, this book introduces Temporal Probabilistic (TP) rules that can be automatically learned from data and are easy to explain to policy makers and security experts. This book additionally reports on over 1 year of forecasts made using the model in order to validate predictive accuracy. It also introduces a policy computation method to rein in Boko Haram’s attacks.
Applied machine learning researchers, machine learning experts and predictive modeling experts agree that this book is a valuable learning asset. Counter-terrorism experts, national and international security experts, public policy experts and Africa experts will also agree this book is a valuable learning tool.
- Data Sketches: A journey of imagination, exploration, and beautiful data visualizations
- Netty in Action
- Practical Free Alternatives to Commercial Software
- Machine Learning in Java: Helpful techniques to design, build, and deploy powerful machine learning applications in Java, 2nd Edition
- Practical Glimpse: Learn to Edit and Create Digital Photos and Art with This Powerful Open Source Image Editor
- Pro Java 9 Games Development: Leveraging the JavaFX APIs
- Raspberry Pi For Dummies, 3rd Edition